To help you prepare and save you time and effort in finding your new home, Neighborhood Rentals wants you to know upfront what is required to qualify to rent a unit.
You are welcome to submit an application online at www.myneighborhoodrentals.com if you believe you meet the qualifications.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Paid applications for housing will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis and are subject to the availability of the particular housing type requested.
- In most cases, your application can be approved within 2-3 business days of receipt. This will vary, and depends on the availability of your references and required documents.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE
- Each applicant 18 years and older must complete an application. Please make sure the application is completed in full. Information that is left out will delay the approval process until it is complete, and may result in denial.
- In some case, you may be allowed 24 hours to correct certain issues such as collection payments, co-signer applications, and missing information.
- A photo ID and non-refundable application fee of $35.00 are required from each applicant.
- Unit occupancy is not to exceed two persons per bedroom, plus 1. Minors under the age of 2 years old are exempt from this calculation.
- Unit occupancy is not to exceed two persons per bedroom plus 1. Minors under the age of 2 years old are exempt from this calculation.
- We do not have properties that accept persons convicted of drug trafficking/distribution. All other charges are considered on a case by case basis.
- Applicants on probation or parole must provide contact information for their parole officer.
- If your application is denied due to criminal history only, you will be given the opportunity to present mitigating factors.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for immediate denial.
- For single-family homes and Patio Home Apartments, a minimum 650 credit score is required. Most apartment complexes and most mobile homes do not require a credit score.
- In some cases, if your credit does not meet these criteria, you may still qualify with a co-signer.
- Non-paid utilities, utilities, and monies owed to property management/ housing facilities must be paid in full with a receipt to move forward with application.
- Past due cable bills, phone bills, and personal loans must either be paid, or a payment plan set up with verification to move forward.
- Discharged bankruptcies are acceptable.
- All information shown on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous addresses and place of employment.
- The household’s gross monthly income must be three (3) times the amount of the monthly rent.
- Income will be verified by submitting the most recent 3 months of proof of income with your application.
- In the event that your household’s income does not meet these criteria, you may still qualify with a co-signer.
- If you are self-employed, tax records and bank statements must be provided.
- Applicant must have at least 6 months of good rental history. This will include timely rent payments, proper notice of cancellation or non-renewal, no outstanding balances or history of lease violations. Relatives do not qualify as rental references.
- Denial of application will be immediate for evictions, gross property damage beyond normal wear and tear, refusal to re-rent by previous landlords, and/or outstanding balance to previous landlords.
- Owning a home for the past 2 years with a mortgage in good standing on your credit report will also be accepted as good rental history.
- No rental history, or less than 6 months rental history, may require a co-signer.
- In the event that a co-signer is required for approval, the following requirements will need to be met:
- The co-signer must fill out a separate application and pay the specified application fee. They must fulfill all the same requirements.
- The co-signer will be listed on the lease agreement and will be financially responsible in the event that the residents cannot fulfill their lease agreement.
- Co-signer may be released from financial obligation once the initial lease has been fulfilled, with written request from both tenant and co-signor.
PETS AND ASSISTANCE ANIMALS
- Pet Friendly Properties:
- Even the best pets add additional wear and tear to a property. A Pet Rent of $40 per month, per pet will be charged.
- Pets will only be accepted at certain properties with prior written authorization. There is a maximum of 2 pets per home. Please call the office for additional information.
- Assistance animals:
- Assistance animals must be disclosed on the application, and proper documents submitted.
- A written request for a Reasonable Accommodation must be submitted for approval of Emotional Support Animals.
- Animals must be licensed according to City and County requirements.
- Once an application has been approved, the Security Deposit must be paid within 24 hours. This will hold the rental unit for 5 business days before the first rental payment is due. The first rental payment will be pro-rated. If the payment schedule cannot be met the rental unit will become available to the next waiting applicant or be advertised again on the rental market, and applicant will forfeit security deposit.
- Lease will be emailed to all applicants to be signed electronically and returned by all applicants.
- A $125 Lease Origination Fee will be assessed for the lease processing without pets, or $225 with pets.
- Approved applicants must be current with all required utility providers and will have to set up utilities in their name with the utility provider immediately after the lease signing. Utility account numbers must be provided after the lease signing before keys are turned over.
- Renter’s insurance information must be provided.
- The Security Deposit MUST be paid separately from all other move in fees, and must be paid by Money Order or Cashier’s Check. All other fees must be paid before move in, or before keys can be distributed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY HOUSING:
Neighborhood Rentals Property Management is an Equal Housing Opportunity Provider. We do business in accordance to the Federal Fair Housing Act and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, handicap, familial status, national origin, age and marital status. Additionally, we provide housing in accordance with all other state or local laws if those laws provide greater protection than the Federal Fair Housing Act. Click here to learn more.
-All Neighborhood Rentals properties are smoke free-